Tidbury Green School recognises its responsibility for Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children. The school's policy applies to the whole of the school's workforce, along with volunteers, governors and any contractors working on the school site.
At Tidbury Green we:
- Ensure that all staff (volunteers etc.) have been appropriately checked for their suitability, using the Safe Recruitment procedures.
- Raise awareness of safeguarding issues and equip children with the skills needed to keep them safe.
- Develop and implement procedures for identifying and reporting cases, or suspected cases, of abuse.
- Establish a safe and nurturing environment free from discrimination or bullying, where children can learn and develop happily.
We recognise that because of their day-to-day contact with children, school staff are ideally placed to observe the possible signs of abuse. Staff in schools will therefore:
- Report any inappropriate behaviour/activities or concerns to the designated member of staff for safeguarding (DSL).
- Tidbury Greens DSL is Mrs R. Fitter, with Mr T. Griffiths, Mr B Green, Miss E Morgan, Mrs K. Lynch and Miss F. Murphy as deputy DSL’s.
- Establish and maintain an environment where children feel secure, are encouraged to talk and are listened to.
- Ensure that children know that they can approach any adult in school if they are worried and they will receive a consistent, supportive response.
- Provide, within the PSHE and ICT curriculum, opportunities for children to develop the skills they need to recognise, and stay safe, from abuse, including staying safe when using the internet, mobile phones and gaming.
- Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Please click on any of the policies below for more information.
Please follow the links below for further information and support