Our School Council plays an integral role at Tidbury Green School. As one of our British Values is democracy, we feel it is very important that our pupils get a say in matters affecting their school. From Reception – Year 6, one child is democratically elected by their class and serves on the School Council for the academic year.
Meet our School Council for 2020-2021
(Currently under construction!)
Our current priority for 2020-21 is to support those less fortunate than ourselves within our local community, particularly due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We are working with Helping Hands, who deliver food and toiletries to individuals and families in the borough. This photo shows how much we were able to collect after just one week!
Food Bank and Donations Newsletter
School Council Support
Here are some of the other ways School Council have supported the school and community over recent years:
- Our School Council are always listening to their classmates and feeding their views back to Mr Griffiths and the rest of the School Council during our meetings.
- School Council have been involved in creating an annual pupil voice survey for all children in our school to answer.
- Our School Council have played a pivotal role when appointing teachers and support staff.
- The School Council have worked with Solihull Council to give advice about future proposals for the borough involving transport.
- They have worked closely with the Marie Curie Hospice in Solihull and raised money to support them.
- The School Council have led bake sales to raise money for local charities.
- They have previously created a new pupil ‘Welcome to Tidbury’ booklet, which was nominated in the Speaker’s School Council Awards 2017.